Motorola unveils the Moto Z3 Play with dual cameras and a bigger screen
Moto Z3 Play has been officially launched months after being in rumours. The new Moto Z series smartphone has continued the legacy of featuring modular technology to enhance the user experience through Moto Mods. It is also the first Moto Z Play model to debut with a dual rear camera setup. Additionally, it comes with Moto Actions and features a One Button Nav bar to offer gesture controls – similar to the iPhone X. The smartphone also comes bundled with a Moto Power Pack mod to widen its battery life as long as 40 hours on a single charge.
You can Watch this Video from Verge:
From the last 1-2 years Motorola has started losing its market share in mobile market. As the brands like Xiaomi, OnePlus, Honor has taken a good % age in the market so now it is very difficult for these brands to survive also these days every brand is working on the pricing part and this is the thing where Motorola is still lacking behind.
In 2018 “Notch” is trending so Motorola should have worked on this also. And at Rs 35,000 Motorola is still giving Snapdragon 636 where OnePlus gives you 820 chipset at the same price. But Still many people prefer Motorola as for some brand still matters but since the Moto brand is taken by Lenovo everything is messed up.
Overall, the Moto Z3 Play is a nice aesthetic and hardware upgrade. I’m not sure where it can go from here, however, as Motorola is beholden to this form factor in order to keep its phones compatible with already released Moto Mods. The dimensions of the phone will have to stay the same, as will the rear camera bump. But maybe next year the phone will have a notch.
Key Features of Moto Z3 Play:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor
- 4GB of RAM with either 32 or 64GB of expandable storage
- 3,000mAh battery
- Dual rear-facing camera system with a 12-megapixel with f/1.7 sensor and a 5-megapixel depth-sensing sensor
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 lens and screen flash
- USB-C charging port, supports fast charging
- 6.01-inch Super AMOLED display with 2160 x 1080p resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio
- 6.75mm thick, 156g
- Runs Android 8.1
- Only available in deep indigo color
- Available unlocked, bundled with a battery mod, for $499