Comio C2 Lite Review – The Best Android Phone Under Rs 6000?
Original device maker Topwise Communication, which is the latest player from China entered the Indian smartphone market in 2017 and the main focus of Comio is to capture the offline Market and to compete with the brands like Micromax, Lava, Intex, Samsung, Xiaomi, Tecno etc.
Last Year Comio has launched 3 devices: Comio S1, Comio P1 and Comio C1.
Comio C2 Lite smartphone was launched in India in February 2018 at a Price tag of Rs 5,999.
Comio C2 Lite Box Contents:
- Phone Itself
- Micro USB Cable
- Travel Adapter/Charger (The Strange thing in this is that the Charger is not of Comio Brand it’s of SZTY brand)
- Earphones (Again not from Comio and seems from some cheap brand)
- Tempered Glass
- Back Case Cover
- SIM Ejector Pin/Tool
Watch the Unboxing Video of Comio C2 Lite Below:
I have used the Comio C2 Lite for around 20 Days and here is my take on.
Comio C2 Lite Honest Review – Full Review of Comio C2 Lite in Detail:
1. Comio C2 Lite Display and Design Review:
- Comio C2 Lite comes with 5 inches screen with an IPS LCD display having a resolution of 720 x 1280. The screen is also protected by a durable Scratch Resistant glass.
- Comio C2 Lite fits good in hand and also the build quality of Comio C2 Lite is good and gives a premium feel but the thickness of comio C2 Lite is 9.5 mm which is actually more than the other phones who are available in the same price range and due to this thickness we are missing a sharp edge feel in this phone.
- The Color Reproduction and the Auto Brightness Adjustment in Bright Sunlight is good.
- The Touch is not that smooth and fast as compared to Redmi and Samsung Devices. Seems to have some hard glass (PS: By Hard I mean it doesn’t have a smooth touch)as we need some extra force for scrolling and for navigation. But overall the performance is good.
- The overall Build Quality and the Design is awesome but it weighs more than the other phones and kinda feels a bulky piece when we are carrying in pocket.
- The Volume Rocker and the Power buttons are also not of great quality.
- Most of the Videos at 720p in YouTube lags specially when you are in Mobile Data Network.
- Capacitive navigation buttons are not backlit so in the Night sometimes it is hard to judge the back button if you are using multiple phones like me 😛
2. Comio C2 Lite Camera Review:
- Comio C2 Lite comes with 8MP, f/2.2 aperture Auto Focus Rear Camera and LED Flash.
- Comio C2 Lite has 5MP Front Camera with LED Flash for Night Selfies.
- Comio C2 Lite is the only phone at Rs 5999 which has front Flash for night selfies or for Low Light conditions.
- Rear Camera Can take decent shots if the light conditions are good but at this Price we cannot expect much.
- The front camera is not great and doesn’t even seems a 5MP Camera. Comio should work on Front camera or this the camera quality can be also fixed to some extent via a update. So Comio please release the new update soon and fix this.
- Tap to Focus or Auto Focus also works fine.
- There are some cool features in app like Beauty, FaceCute, Bokeh etc. All filters/modes works well but this bokeh effect is something which is just to grab the attention and comio should remove this bookeh option from the stock camera app as this is useless and don;t even give 10% of Bokeh effect. It is just blurring out the things after some particular area.
- You can also take Time-lapse and Panorama shots in Comio C2 Lite.
- So in terms of Camera Comio C2 Lite has just a decent camera you can say and if camera is your main priority then this is not a great choice.
Comio C2 Lite Camera Samples:
Comio C2 Lite Front Camera Samples:
Comio C2 Lite Rear Camera Samples:
Comio C2 Lite Bokeh Rear Camera Samples:
So this is how bokeh effect works in Comio C2 Lite
3. Comio C2 Lite Gaming, Connectivity and Overall Performance:
- Comio C2 Lite is Powered by 1.25 GHz MediaTek MT6735 Quad Core Processor along with Mali-T720 GPU
- C2 Lite comes with 1.5 GB RAM and 16GB ROM and out of 1.5 GB RAM there is only 500 MB available or free. 1.5GB RAM in 2018? Seriously Comio? Atleast 2GB must be there for basic variants. It has 16GB internal memory and out of 16GB there is only 10 GB available for user but the memory is expandable and has a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- The Best Feature in this Phone is that it is VOLTE Supported and you can enjoy true HD calls in C2 Lite. Jio SIM is working Perfectly fine in this phone and this is a dual SIM Phone (GSM+GSM).
- It also comes with WiFi, Bluetooth, Hotspot etc.
- There are only 3 sensors present in this Phone and they are: Accelerometer, Light and Promixity
- Gaming in 1.5GB RAM and MediaTek Processor is a big challenge and with this configuration you cannot expect much from this device. So initially I installed basic games like: Subway Surfers, BB Racing, Traffic Rider etc. And there was no lag at all while playing these games so I stepped ahead and installed NOVA Legacy and to my surprise this game also performed well and then i installed some heavy games like Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 5, Dead Trigger 2 etc. And then I clearly noticed a lag while playing Asphalt 8 and MC5. This phone also misses gyroscope sensor so some games you will not be able to play and Accelerometer sensor also did not performs well when you play games like Asphalt etc. For some games like PUBG mobile etc this device is not even compatible. So with this hardware you cannot expect much. Also it has only 10GB user memory available so you cannot install heavy games or many games in this device.
- The Beauty of this Phone is that it is running on the latest version of Android 7.0 and has Comio UI Version 2.0.
4. Comio C2 Lite Battery Review:
- Comio C2 Lite comes with 3900 mAh Li-ion Battery and here the Comio has played a great role in Battery Optimization and also getting 3900 mAh Battery at Rs 5999 is superb. Well it did not supports fast charging but again at the price we cannot expect fast charging.
- It took me exactly 2 hours to charge Comio C2 Lite from o% to 100%.
- The Battery Backup is also good in Comio C2 Lite. For a Normal usage it can give you upto 2-3 Days of battery backup easily and for heavy usage it will also give you a full day battery backup.
- I played some games, watched videos on YouTube, browsed some websites, made some calls etc. Used in Wifi and mobile data both and it gave me 2 days of battery backup.
Comio C2 Lite is mostly available in almost all offline Retail Stores and currently it is available online also at Flipkart and Amazon at Rs 5999 and Rs 6999 respectively. Click Here to Buy from Flipkart at Rs 5999.
Comio C2 Lite Pros:
- Front Flash for Selfie
- Premium Build Quality
- Good Battery
- Dedicated MicroSD Card Slot
- 30 Days Replacement offer
- Buyback and upgrade offer
- Complementary Tempered Glass and Back Cover.
Comio C2 Lite Cons:
- No Fingerprint Sensor/Scanner
- Less RAM and ROM
- No Full HD Display and Smooth Touch
- No Fast Charging
- Less Sensors are Present
Final Words and Conclusion:
At Rs 5999 Comio C2 Lite is the best Smartphone to buy specially in Terms of Build Quality and Battery. If again there will be a price drop in Comio C2 Lite by Rs 700-800 then I will highly recommend this otherwise you can explore other devices like Redmi 5A, 10.or D and Redmi Y1 Lite. You can also check the Tecno i3 Review which also has same specs and has the same price.
Read our other Latest Smartphone Reviews