Tecno i3 Review – Best Budget Smartphone under Rs 8000?
TECNO Mobile is a Chinese mobile phone manufacturer. Tecno began operations in July 2006 in Hong Kong. Now in 2017 Tecno launched their smartphones in India also as India is a huge market of smartphones. Tecno i3 was launched at Rs 7500 but now its price is dropped to somewhere around Rs 6500.
I am using Tecno i3 from the last 15-20 days and i find it a decent device under this price tag but still there are some things that are missing in Tecno i3. So let’s get started with the full review of Tecno i3 H375C1
Honest Review of Tecno i3 H375C1
1. Tecno i3 H375C1 Display and Build Quality Review:
- Tecno i3 has 5 inches HD Display (720*1280) with Screen Density 320 dpi
- The Pixels and the Colour Reproduction is decent.
- The Build quality and design of Tecno i3 is awesome at this price.
- The Device looks premium in Hand and is also very compact
- The Touch is not also not that great it is just average
- The Home Button is also bit hard and a uneven
- Capacitive navigation buttons are not backlit so in the Night sometimes it is hard to judge the back button if you are using multiple phones like me 😛
2. Tecno i3 H375C1 Camera Review:
- Tecno i3 Comes with 8MP Rear Camera with Auto Focus and Quad LED Flash
- Front Camera in Tecno i3 is also 8MP with LED Flash for Night Selfies. Tecno i3 is the only phone at Rs 6500 which has front Flash for night selfies or in Low Light.
- Rear Camera Can take pretty decent shots if the light conditions are good but at this Price we cannot expect much.
- I am impressed with the Front Camera of Tecno i3. It can really take awesome shots and in night the front flash also works good. Tecno i3 has a good front camera if we compare the other phones in this price range.
- Tap to Focus or Auto Focus also works fine.
- It also has HDR Effect inside the Camera App
- So in terms of Camera Tecno i3 is the best phone at Rs 6500.
Tecno i3 H375C1 Camera Samples:
Tecno i3 Front Camera Samples:
Tecno i3 Rear Camera Samples:
3. Tecno i3 H375C1 Gaming, Connectivity and Overall Performance:
- Tecno i3 is Powered by 1.25 GHz MediaTek MT6735 Quad Core Processor along with Mali-T720 GPU
- Tecno i3 comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM and out of 2GB RAM there is only 1GB available or free and out of 16GB memory there is only 9.1GB available for user but the memory is expandable and has a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- The Best Feature in Tecno i3 is that it is VOLTE Supported and you can enjoy true HD calls in i3. Jio SIM is working Perfectly fine in this phone and Tecno i3 is a dual SIM Phone (GSM+GSM).
- It also comes with WiFi, Bluetooth, Hotspot etc but there seems a issue in WiFi as I was not able to connect to WiFi. Whenever I tried to connect Tecno i3 to a WiFi Network it gets disconnected in 1 second and then connects again so this thing goes in loop connect-disconnect. Well I am not sure that this is the problem in all Tecno i3 units or the unit which I received has some issues and because of this i was not able to install the games and play them. But I am sure that this device will be able to play basic games like: Subway Surfers, Temple Run, Pool, BB etc. But again there is only 9GB internal memory available so you cannot install heavy or big games and also with MediaTek Processor and 2GB RAM we cannot expect high gaming in this device.
- The Beauty of this Phone is that it is running on the latest version of Android 7.0
4. Tecno i3 H375C1 Battery Review:
- Tecno i3 comes with 3050 mAh Li-ion Battery and here the Tecno has played a great role in Battery Optimization and also getting 3000 mAh Battery at Rs 6500 is DOPE. Well it did not supports fast charging but again at the price we cannot expect much.
- It took me around 3 hours to charge Tecno i3 from o% to 100%.
- The Battery Backup is also good in Tecno i3. For a Normal usage it can give you upto 2-3 Days of battery backup easily and for heavy usage it will also give you a full day battery backup.
Tecno i3 is mostly available in almost all offline Retail Stores and currently it is available online only at Amazon India at Rs 6500 for Space Grey Colour and Rs 6599 for Champagne Gold. Click Here to Buy or Check out
Tecno i3 Pros:
- Front Flash for Selfie
- Premium Build Quality
- Good Battery
- Dedicated MicroSD Card Slot
Tecno i3 Cons:
- No Fingerprint Sensor/Scanner
- Less RAM and ROM
- WiFi Issue
- No HD Display and Smooth Touch
- No Fast Charging
Final Words and Conclusion:
At Rs 6500 Tecno i3 is the best Smartphone to buy specially in Terms of Camera, Build Quality and Battery. If again there will be a price drop in Tecno i3 by Rs 700-800 then I will highly recommend this otherwise you can explore other devices like Redmi 4A and Redmi Y1 Lite
Read our other Latest Smartphone Reviews
- Top 5 Best Smartphones to buy in November 2017
- Apple India Now Provides International Warranty on iPhones
- JIO Silently Reduced After FUP Speed