ET Money (SmartSpends) Review – The Money Manager
ET Money which was previously known as SmartSpends is one of the best money manager app. ET Money App is a part of Times Internet Limited. ET Money (SmartSpends) helps you to smartly save your money, Manage payments and will gives you the best offers available.
In this fast moving world it is very difficult for everyone to manage their expenses, so keep track of all the expenses for a single person is not an easy job. Even a lot of people use notebooks, diaries and other things to note their expenses. Due to this reason ‘Times Internet’ launched an app ‘ET Money’ which helps any person to track where the user spends his/her owned money and help them to go paperless.
This app was previously named as Smartspends 2.0 app and is now renamed officially as ETMoney. Here is our full review of ETMoney App (Smartspends 2.0).
After downloading the app you will see that the layout is same as that of Smartspends app. When you open the app you need to sign in with your existing email id but in case if you haven’t use the app before then just choose the email via which you want to sign up. After doing so complete the setup, when you are done with the setup you will see five different options starting with Spends, Investment, Bill Calendar, Card Suggest and Offers. Each of these options has been assigned to perform different tasks.
Let’s learn about the features and functions of these options thoroughly.
- Spends:-spends section helps the user to track all of the cash spent by the user like you want to enter that you spend Rs.1000 on your daily need (like fruits foods etc.) just click on the + sign then on Add One Time Cash Spent then enter the amount, select the date, select to whom you had paid money merchant or person and finally select category ( bills, eating out, household etc.) you can also add note so that you can easily keep track of you expense in future. Once you are done with the information you want to add on click on Tick mark then you are done. There is also statistics tab which helps you to keep track of your savings.
It is a very nice way to manage all your daily expenses and to know where you had spent all your money.
- Investments: -This is a newly added feature in this app basically, it is because of this reason the company changed the name of the app from Smartspends to ETMoney. This feature basically helps the new investors by helping them to discover new and beneficial investments and also helps them to manage their funds in a much easier way.
with the help of this feature, the user can discover best funds which are available in the market and the app itself analyse 5000+ mutual funds which are already in existence from last 5-10 years and will also show the right amount of returns and the risks so that the investor know where his money is going.
There is also a feature of actual transaction where the user can check whether the user belongs to KYC (know your customer) or not. As according to our Indian rules and regulations you need to be KYC verified to invest in the mutual funds.
This app also provides actionable insights to stock market movement’s shows users spend pattern and also investment options.
- Bill Calendar: -this feature takes care of all of your bills by keeping them in well manner. This feature also scans your emails as well as messages to find out all of your bills that you had paid and also those bills which are due and manage them properly. To turn on this feature you need to give in-app permission on your Android device. This feature also keeps track of other things like your credit card, data card, mobile bills, water bills etc. if you have entered a particular bill the app will automatically notify you four days before the due date of that bill.
- Card Suggest: -This feature gives you the suggestions, great offers and also discounts depending upon the credit/debit cards which you using. To use this feature just click on card suggest then add card then select the bank then select your card type then card name and then finally get affiliation. Once you are done setting up your card, you will automatically get notifications of offers and discounts which are valid on your credit/debit card.
- Offers: -This feature is approximately similar to the Cards suggest the feature, here you will get notified of online shopping details instead of offers available on your debit/credit card.