Personal Hotspot Disappeared in iPhone 5s, 6,6s after iOS 9.3.1 update
Apple recently released the iOS 9.3 update for Apple Devices and iOS 9.3 is the bug free Update as per the reports. There were some bugs and those were removed in iOS 9.3.1 Update. IOS 9.3.1 is the latest iOS update for iPhones and iPad. After iOS 9.3 update and iOS 9.3.1 update the personal hotspot option disappeared in iPhone 5, iphone 5s, iphone 6 and iPhone 6s. Not for everyone but mostly everyone reported even I too faced this issue.
How to Resolve Personal Hotspot Problem in Iphone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and 6s after iOS 9.3.1 update
How to get the Personal Hotspot option in Iphone 5s after iOS 9.3 update.
So, not having a personal hotspot these days is really a hectic because we usually use our phones to create a Wifi zone but if the option disappeared then L . Same feeling I got when I see there is no option of Personal hotspot in Settings.
So here are few steps or you can say 1 Min work by which you can get the Personal Hotspot option back in your iphone 5, iphone 5s etc.
Step – 1
- Go to the Settings in your iphone
- Now go to Mobile Data
- Then Mobile Data Options
Step – 3
- Now Tap on Mobile Data Network there you will find: Mobile Data, LTE Setup, MMS and personal hotspot.
Step – 4
- Now Under Mobile Data which is the First option there is APN, Username and Password
- Enter the Access point of your operator in the APN Box and leave username and password empty
- I am using Tata DoCoMo so the APN of Tata DoCoMo is TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET
- You can get the APN of your Service Provider or Operator from the Google or by calling the Customer care.
- Once you will get the APN just enter that in APN under Mobile Data and leave Username and password empty.
Step – 5
- Once you enter the APN under Mobile Data then Copy that APN and Scroll Down to the last
- At the last there is Personal Hotspot Option and now Paste the Copied APN under Personal Hotspot APN and Now here set username and password
- That’s it actually: D
Step – 6
- Now go back to Mobile Data Settings (2 steps back)
- There you will find the Personal Hotspot option
- Turn the Personal Hotspot ON (Tap on OFF or Slide to right)
- Now back to your main settings, you will find the Personal Hotspot option under Bluetooth and Mobile Data
- That’s it ENJOY.
There are many other methods by which you can get the Personal Hotspot option back in your iPhone but the above-mentioned method worked for me and for my friends that’s why I am sharing this method only right now.
If this really helped you, please drop the comment in the comment section below, or if you have queries or questions regarding this method drop your query in the comment below I will love to solve and help you. Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.
- Apple Recently Launched iPhone SE, iPhone SE Price, Features and Availability
- Mu Connect – The Faster and Easier Way to Charge your Phone.
Hey Sumesh, I couldn’t believe Apple actually removed the feature. I used to use it everyday. Now, I know a working method again. Thanks a lot buddy 🙂
Welcome buddy. Actually i too use hotspot everyday while travelling etc but one day the same disappeared so i did a small research and tried this and it worked and then i shared here :). Keep Visiting 🙂
Thank u very much. This was what I was looking for since I bought Docomo sim. U r just awesome.
Thanks for your Kind Words. Keep Visiting!!
I followed it step by step and got the hotspot back on my iPhone 6plus (9.3.2)
Thanks for your detailed help.
Hi Aftab !
Thanks for visiting and following the steps mentioned and are happy to see that the same helped you. Keep Visiting.
Thanks , this simple trick work for me…
Happy to Hear this. Keep Visiting Ismail..
Your guidance really helps me to handle the problem with personal hotspot. It was well described step by step and really veryyyy helpful. Thank you.
Welcome, Narine. Keep visiting
thank you! it works?
Thanks for updating us regarding this update and issues……
dear i am using i pad 4 with updated version 9.3.5 but personal hotsopt missing kindly help me
Your guidance is very useful and its help on my work.Thank you!!!!
Hi admin, i’ve been reading your posts for some time and I really like coming back here.
AngelicaBiggie recently posted…AngelicaBiggie