Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Review: The Best Alternative for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 smartphone was launched in April 2018. Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 price in India starts from Rs. 10,999. This time Asus has really worked on their pricing part and due to this aggressive pricing Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is a clear killer of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. At this price range Redmi Note 5 pro was always a winner but then Honor 7x came into picture and was a tough competitor but now Zenfone Max Pro M1 has also entered in the market and has caught a good attention and also people are going crazy for Zenfone Max Pro M1 design.
The Big potential in the smartphone market is the Price range between Rs 10000 – Rs 30000 and if a brand is able to capture this market segment then it will be a big success for a brand and that is the reason OnePlus and Xiaomi has ruled in this segment. The other brands were just busy in launching their new products every month and they have never thought of the customer requirements. But now brands have realized this thing and now they are trying their best to come back in the market.
Asus Zenfone 3 series was an amazing series and has almost everything but there was only one thing done bad in zenfone 3 series and that was the pricing. But now Asus has finally launched Asus Zenfone Max pro M1 and that too at an aggressive price range.
I have used Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 for around 20 days and here is my take on:
Honest and Detailed Review of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 ZB601KL
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Review: A Value for Money Phone
1. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Display and Build Quality
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with 5.99 inch Full HD IPS Display (2160*1080).
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 has Front 2.5D curved glass display and 1500:1 contrast ratio and also has 85% NTSC color gamut along with 450nits brightness.
- The Color reproduction in Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is just amazing and yes you can clearly see the difference of having AMOLED FHD Display.
- The Touch is also very smooth, fast and fluid and for a moment I thought i am using google pixel.
- You can watch the Full HD Movies or Videos on this phone without any lag.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is very Slim and looks like a Premium Phone.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 has 18:9 Screen-to-body ratio which is really very good and in 2018 this is the most trending display.
- The Device is light in weight (180 grams).
- The Overall Display and Build Quality is Perfect.
2. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Camera Review
- The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 sports a dual-camera setup at the rear, with a 13-megapixel (PDAF) primary sensor and a 5-megapixel (Dedicated Depth Camera) secondary sensor. The front camera is an 8-megapixel shooter with full-HD video recording capability and Softlight LED Flash, with the rear camera capable of shooting 4K video. The dual-camera setup uses the second camera to enable depth-effect for portrait mode shots.
- Overall the Camera Performance of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is good but struggles in low light and rear camera will still gives you satisfaction to some extent but the front camera is not that great and if you are a photographer or you have the great knowledge of camera like camera angles, ISO, Shutter Speed etc then you can take some superb shots otherwise you can try and might be some shots may turn into awesome shots :P. Front camera can be improved to some extent via a software update. So Asus please roll out the camera update soon :). Otherwise If we talk from price point of view then at Rs 13K we cannot expect much and at this price Asus has really done a amazing job. Thumbs up from my side :D.
- The Camera UI is just the basic one. The modes available in camera are: Auto Mode, HDR, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Flowers, Backlight, Candlelight, Sunset, Night, Beach, Snow and other features: Depth Effect, Face Detection, Anti Banding, Redeye Reduction, Shutter Sound, Countdown timer, Exposure, White Balance, Store Location etc.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Front and Rear Camera Samples:
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Rear Camera Samples:
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Front Camera Samples:
So as you can see that you can take some awesome shots from the rear camera in different light conditions but front camera will give you just decent shots but again at this price we cannot expect much.
3. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Gaming Review and Performance
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is powered by Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 636 Kryo Octa-Core Processor along with Adreno 509 GPU.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 has 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB ROM and is expandable upto 2TB.
- The performance of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is just fantastic. Till now I have not noticed any kind of lag in Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- I have opened many applications at a time and then all were running in the background but does not affect the performance of the phone.
- I have played around 6-7 games namely: Nova 3, Modern Combat 5, Asphalt Nitro, Asphalt 8, BB Racing, Traffic Rider, Subway Surfers etc. and all games were running fine and no major lag in any game. Sensors like Accelerometer is also doing a great job in games like Asphalt or any other racing.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is really a great device and it is damm fast and smooth that you can skip the other smartphones in the same price range and can go for this one.
- It also has all the necessary sensors like: Rear fingerprint sensor, Accelerator, Gyroscope, E-Compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- The Beauty of this Phone is it is running on the latest version of Android Oreo 8.1 and it may also receive the next android (P) Update.
- There is also one amazing feature added in this phone in terms of security and that is Face Unlock but face unlock did not works well. The probability is 6/10. So I was not happy with this Face unlock as I always have to use fingerprint sensor in order to unlock the phone. Might be it can be fixed with a an software update.
4. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Battery Review
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with massive 5000 mAh Li-on battery. You will easily get 2 days of battery backup if you are an average user and if you are a heavy user then still you will get a full day battery backup.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 will give you the full day battery backup or more than that depends on your usage. I am using it as a Secondary phone from the last 20-25 days and my usage is normal and I charge this phone after 2 days and sometimes after 3 days.
- The time taken by Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 for charging from 1% to 100% is around 3 hours and also Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is Capable of Fast Charging.
- ZenFone Max Pro M1 Headset
- Micro-USB cable
- Ejector pin (SIM tray needle)
- USB power adapter
- Documentation (user guide, warranty card)
Asus Zenfone Max Pro is available in 2 colours: Grey and Black and is Exclusively available Via Flipkart (Online) and Might be later on will be available on Offline Stores also.
Liked the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1? And now want to buy? Click Here to BUY
Read our other Latest Smartphone Reviews
If you have any queries or questions, feel free to drop in the comments section below. Your feedback and comments are always welcomed.
If you are using Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and would like add some more points which i have missed then you are always welcomed.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Review
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is an amazing device and gives a premium feel and I must say under Rs 15000 you are not gonna get this kind of beauty in any brand. Just apart from Front Camera everything is just fantastic and yes it is True Value for Money Phone.