Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL Review
Asus came up with the all new Zenfone 3 series in India last year (2016) starting from Rs 22,000 but all the phones are overpriced if we compare the specifications with the other phones in the same segment. No doubt the Asus Zenfone 3 series are amazing and have the great performance. You can read the Review of Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL.
Before this, they have also launched the Zenfone Max 2016 model with 5000 mAh battery which was really a great phone at Rs 10,000.
After the Zenfone 3 Series launch Asus Launched the Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL and the Price of Asus Zenfone 3 Max is Rs 16,000 (INR) which is still acceptable but again this time they missed the VOLTE Update/Support. Yes, Asus Zenfone 3 Max is not VOLTE Supported. While as Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and LeEco Le 2 X526 are under Rs 13000 and comes with VOLTE Support and with almost the same specifications. And if we keep this thing aside, the Zenfone 3 Max is a good device that you can buy for Rs 16,000. So, Let’s get started with the full and honest review of Asus Zenfone 3 Max.
Honest Review of Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL
1. Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL Display and Build Quality
- Asus Zenfone 3 comes with 5.5-inches Full HD (1080p) Display
- The Color reproduction in Asus Zenfone 3 is very good but not as good as in Zenfone 3.
- The Touch is also very smooth and fast.
- You can watch the HD Movies or Videos on this phone without any lag.
- The Phone looks like a Premium Phone, Asus Zenfone 3 Max comes with Premium-crafted metallic body with 2.5D contoured Glass.
- Asus Zenfone 3 has 73% Screen-to-body ratio which is okay as we usually see the ratio is around 75 in most of the phones.
- The Device is heavy (175 grams) if we compare with other smartphones in 5.5-inch Category like LeEco Le 2, Redmi Note 3, OnePlus 3 etc.
- The Overall Display and Build Quality is Perfect.
2. Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL Camera Review
- The Zenfone 3 Max features a class-leading 16MP rear camera with 0.03 seconds ultra-fast Tri-tech Auto-focus technology (2nd Generation Laser AF, Phase detection AF, and Continous AF). The Rear camera is good but suffers in low light conditions
- The device supports full-HD recording along with Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for stable videos.
- At the front the device sports an 8MP Camera that supports modes like the Beautification modes and can shoot videos in Full, HD resolution. The front camera also suffers in low light and also the quality is not that great but if we compare with the other phones in the same segment then Asus Zenfone 3 Max performs well.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Camera Features:
- Front Camera – 8MP PixelMaster Camera HDR, Lowlight, and Beautification modes
- Rear Camera – f/2.0 16MP PixelMaster Camera, 5p Largan lens – Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) – Laser Autofocus – EIS Camera features – 64MP Super Resolution – Backlight HDR mode, Low Light mode, Selfie mode, Panorama mode, Beautification, and Time-Lapse effect modes
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Front and Rear Camera Samples:
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Rear Camera Samples:
Will be adding more Rear Camera samples soon.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Front Camera Samples:
3. Asus Zenfone 3 Max Gaming Review and Performance
- Asus Zenfone 3 Max is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core 64-bit processor clocked at 1.4GHz
GPU – Adreno 505.
- Asus Zenfone 3 has 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM and is expandable upto 128GB.
- The performance of Asus Zenfone 3 is good. Till now I have not noticed any kind of lag in Asus Zenfone 3 Max.
- I have opened many applications at a time and then all were running in the background but does not affect the performance of the phone.
- I have played around 6-7 games namely: Nova 3, Modern Combat 5, Asphalt Nitro, Asphalt 8, BB Racing, Traffic Rider, Subway Surfers etc. and all games were running fine and no major lag in any game. Sensors like Accelerometer is also doing a great job in games like Asphalt or any other racing.
4. Asus Zenfone 3 Max Battery Review
- Asus Zenfone 3 Max comes with 4100 mAh battery. Asus has really worked on battery this time as in Zenfone 3 the battery was too low
- Asus Zenfone 3 Max will give you the full day battery backup or more than that depends on your usage. I am using it as a Secondary phone from the last 10-15 days and my usage is normal and I charge this phone after 1 day and sometimes after 2 days.
- Asus has given one amazing feature on this phone and that is it Supports Reverse Charging and Super Saving mode and this feature was also in Asus Zenfone Max 2016. You will also get the OTG in the box for Reverse Charging. So you can say its a 4100 mAh Powerbank also 😛
- But it takes a long time for charging from 1% to 100%. Fast Charging should have been there but actually, that’s missing.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max is available Via Online and Offline Stores starting from Rs 16,000.
If you have any queries or questions, feel free to drop in the comments section below. Your feedback and comments are always welcomed.
If you are using Asus Zenfone 3 max and would like add some more points which i have missed then you are always welcomed.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Review
The Overall Performance of Asus Zenfone 3 Max is good but there are major cons with Asus Zenfone 3 Max and that is the price, if they would have fixed the Price around Rs 12,000 then this would have been the best smartphone to buy. Also, there is no VOLTE in Asus Zenfone 3 Max being too costly and not having VOLTE is something which is seriously not good and many might avoid this phone because of this.
Have you tried charge it with 9v 2a charger? Because sd430 does support fast charging so it’s kinda confusing to see many reviewers say it doesnt support fast charging.