Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL Review and All Questions Answered
Asus has launched Zenfone 3 Series in India last Month. Asus Zenfone 3 Series starts from Rs 21,999. Asus Zenfone 3 series are available on Flipkart as well as on Amazon. Asus Zenfone 3 comes with four different colors: Black, Blue, Gold and White.
I am using Asus Zenfone 3 from the last 20 Days and here is my take on
Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL Honest Review:
1. Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL Design & Display Review
- Asus Zenfone 3 comes with 5.5-inch Super IPS+ LCD, 1920×1080 Display.
- The Color reproduction in Asus Zenfone 3 is very good even I would say fantastic.
- The Touch is also very smooth and fast like my iPhone and OnePlus 3?
- You can watch the HD Movies or Videos on this phone without any lag.
- The Phone looks like a Premium Phone, Front and rear Corning Gorilla Glass panels with “2.5D” contoured edges and metal frame makes it more premium and an awesome gadget.
- Having Gorilla Glass from the back side is like adding extra cheese in a Sandwich. You don’t have to worry about the scratches and all and even you don’t need cases and covers but still I suggest you to use some case for more safety.
- The Device is very light if we compare to other smartphones under 5.5inch Category.
FAQ’s on Display:
Q. How is the Touch Response and Smoothness?
A. Asus Zenfone 3 has a very fast touch response and is very smooth to use, it almost similar like OnePlus 3.
Q. How is the Display Performance in Bright Light or in Sunlight?
A. If you have selected Automatic Brightness then you don’t have to worry about the brightness, Display performs well in all light conditions, while as LeEco Le 2 fails in Sunlight.
Q. Any Lag During Navigation?
A. No lag at All. It is Very Fast.
Q. Is it Slippery? And Fits in hand?
A. No, it is not actually. It is smooth but not that slippery and perfectly fits in hand.
2. Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL Camera Review:
- Asus Zenfone 3 has 16MP ASUS PixelMaster 3.0 Rear Camera (Sony IMX298 sensor) with Dual Tone LED Flash along with Laser Autofocus and has 8MP Front camera.
- The camera in Asus Zenfone 3 is very good as compared to the other phones like Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Lenovo Zuk Z1, Lenovo Vibe K5 Note etc.
- Asus Zenfone 3 has the best camera under Rs 27,000 after OnePlus 3. OPPO has also launched OPPO F1s Selfie Expert camera phone but we have not received the Review unit yet, once we will receive it we will compare the camera quality of these 2 phones.
- So, coming back to Asus Zenfone 3, the pics from front camera turned out to be very good. The front camera is very good and also you will get an amazing set of filters in the camera app and also the beautification mode which makes your picture more bright and clean.
- Asus Zenfone 3 can shoot videos in Full HD mode also in Slow Motion.
Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL Camera Features:
- ASUS PixelMaster 3.0
- 16 Megapixel Sony Exmor RS IMX298 Sensor
- Key Camera Specs
- Deep Trench Isolation (DTI)
- Color Correction Sensor
- 0.03 Second “TriTech” Autofocus
- 4-axis Photo OIS
- 3-axis Video EIS
- 4K Video Recording
- HDR Pro and Real Time HDR
- Super Resolution Mode
- Low Light Mode
- Manual Creative Controls
- 32 Second Slow Shutter Capability
- Comprehensive Preset Modes
- Panorama Mode
- Depth of Field Mode
- Miniature Mode
- Time Rewind Mode
- All Smiles Mode
- Gif Animation Mode
FAQ’s on Camera:
Q. Can it Shoot in Full HD?
A. Yes, Asus Zenfone can record in Full HD
Q. Is There AutoFocus while Recording Video?
A. Actually NO (Will be Uploading samples soon)
Q. How is the Camera Performance in Low Light?
A. Performs Good
Q. Does it Have a Slow Motion Feature?
A. Yes, it has a Slow motion feature.
Q. Can we use Fingerprint Scanner to Capture or Click the images?
Q. Does the Phone Heats up while recording the videos or clicking the images for the long time?
A. For a normal usage, the Phone doesn’t heat up. But if you shoot the images and videos full day or more than 1 hour then it starts heating up a bit because of its metallic body.
Q. Does it has an HDR Mode and Night Mode?
A. Yes, it has an HDR Mode and Night Mode.
Here are Some Rear and Front Camera Shots from Asus Zenfone 3
Asus Zenfone 3 Camera Samples:
More Samples Will Be Added Soon…
Asus Zenfone 3 Gaming Review and Performance
- Asus Zenfone 3 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octo-core – 14nm 8×2.0GHz ARM Coretex A53 along with Adreno 506 GPU.
- Asus Zenfone 3 has 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM
- The performance of Asus Zenfone 3 is quite fantastic. Till now I have not noticed any kind of lag in Asus Zenfone 3.
- I have opened many applications at a time and then all were running in the background but does not affected the performance of the phone.
- I have played around 10 games namely : Nova 3, Modern Combat 5, Asphalt Nitro, Asphalt 8, BB Racing, Traffic Rider, Subway Surfers etc. and all games were running fine and no major lag in any game. Sensors like Accelerometer is also doing a great job in games like Asphalt or any other racing.
Live Gaming Review Coming Soon..
FAQ’S On Gaming
Q. Does it Heats up While Playing ?
A. NO, it literally doesn’t heat up while gaming.
Asus Zenfone 3 Battery Review:
- Asus Zenfone 3 comes with 2650 mAh battery. Asus has really shocked us this time with the battery.
- Asus Zenfone 3 will hardly gives you a full day battery back-up and if you are a normal user then it might give you a full day battery back-up.
- It gives me around 12 hours battery back-up in which wifi is connected all time and i use Youtube App for around 1 hour, play games for around 30-40 minutes, use FB app all day, clicking around 50 images, downloading some apps etc. So, for a normal user it might gives full day battery Back up.