5 things to look for in a Budget Smartphone
The smartphone market in India has evolved over the years. Today, a user has the option to choose from multiple categories and various models within each category. There are high-end phones, mid-range phones, and budget smartphones. While one expects the high-end phones and increasingly, the mid-range phones to be luxurious, there is a common misconception that budget smartphones are completely devoid of any features or style. Users and often even experts assume that budget smartphones do not have any redeeming qualities that benefit the user. However, this is a myth! Low budget does not signify low specifications. Given below are five important things that every user should look for when purchasing a budget smartphone –
- Design and looks – Simply because a smartphone is in the budget segment does not mean that it needs to look inexpensive. One often comes across smartphones that look like they have been made out of inexpensive plastic. Such phones do not sport a premium look. Hence, it is important to opt for a smartphone that has a luxurious feel to it and can compete with its expensive counterparts in terms of its looks. One should look for a phone that has a metallic finish that can lend it an air of luxury. Similarly, a budget smartphone needs to provide personalization options to the users just like the high-end smartphones. The smartphone should be available in various colours to suit the personalities of different users. Additionally, the smartphone needs to be sleek and ergonomic. Bulky phones are cumbersome to handle as they tend to be uncomfortable when held and also tend to heavy to carry. Hence, a sleeker built is not just more appealing but also more comfortable to use.
Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation measures a mere 3.6 mm at its thinnest edge and is available in six peppy colors – Glamour Red, Pearl White, Lemon Yellow, Glacier Grey, Silver Blue, and Sheer Gold. The metallic hairline finish makes the phone look premium and classy; the phone also offers a rear key for intuitive one hand control making it really user-friendly.
Metallic hairline finish in the ASUS Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd generation
- Camera – Mid-range and high-end smartphones are known to provide good camera specifications along with add-on features. However, the smartphone camera is no longer a luxury; it is, in fact, a utility feature. It can safely be regarded as one of the most used features of a smartphone. Given this scenario, it is important to consider the camera specifications offered by the smartphone one is considering to invest in. While technical specifications are important, additional features that assist users with their photography skills are equally important. A good budget smartphone should provide at least a 5 MP rear and 0.2 MP front camera. Some good budget smartphones even provide a 8 MP rear and 2 MP front camera. In addition to this, the camera should have the ability to click pictures in different light conditions and even offer options to users to be able to edit and enhance the images once they have been shot.
Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation is available in two different camera specifications (0.3 MP + 5 MP or 2 MP + 8 MP front and rear respectively), and is backed by ASUS’ path-breaking PixelMaster technology. It also offers important features like low-light mode, backlight (HDR) mode, zero shutter lag and beautification modes for improved pictures.
Different camera features on the ASUS Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation
- Performance – Nothing inconveniences the user like a smartphone that lags in the performance department. Hence, it is important to opt for a smartphone with a powerful processor and sufficient RAM backed by quality features. A 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with a 1 GB RAM is a good combination to opt for in the budget smartphone category. Additional features like noise cancellation are important as well. While high-end smartphones provide such features that enhance the user experience, one needs to look for a budget smartphone that incorporates such qualities too.
Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation’s powerful Qualcomm Quad-core processor with 1 GB RAM enables multi-tasking with lag-free performance. The Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation also comes equipped with an innovative combination of linear-echo-cancellation (LEC) and noise-suppression (NS) technology that works towards wiping out audio rebound and in reducing background noise to a minimum.
Performance of the ASUS Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd generation
- Battery – A smartphone should liberate the user and not have him tied up to a charging station. At the same time, a user should not have to carry a portable charger at all times in order to keep his or her phone powered up. Hence, the battery of the budget smartphone should provide enough power to help the user stay connected to the digital world even during times of heavy usage.
The 2,070 mAh battery of Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation gives users the freedom to operate their phones for longer duration without charging.
2,070 mAh high capacity battery on the ASUS Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd generation
- Price – Lastly, a budget smartphone should stay true to its name and be able to fit in the users’ budget. Consumers should be able to afford the smartphone without spending a fortune. For the features and specifications mentioned above, the smartphone should not cost the user more than Rs.6000.
With stunning looks and strong performance to match, the Zenfone Go 4.5 2nd Generation is available with two different camera specifications for the following price:
- 3 MP + 5 MP (front + rear) priced at Rs. 5,299
- 2 MP + 8 MP (front + rear) priced at Rs. 5,699
- LeEco Launched Le 2 and Le Max 2 in India
- Yu Launched its New Smartphone Yunicorn
- Asus launched New Zenfone Max 2016
- Get a Free LG CAM Plus on PreOrder of LG-G5
- Lenovo Launched Zuk Z1 – Price and Specs
- Samsung Galaxy J5 & J7 2016 Edition – Price and Specs
- Redmi Note 3 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 Vs Lenovo Zuk Z1