How To Backup Contacts, Images and SMS in Android Phone
Wondering how to backup an android smartphone? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Just read the full post and know how to backup data on android phone in easy steps.
Backing up android can be very useful sometimes when you accidently drop your phone or lose it in any circumstances or if you want your phone to restore, then the only fear, which freaks us out, is the android data. We can buy new phones anytime, but the only thing which money can not buy us is the data.
So, to prevent yourself from any such sudden data loss, the best option is to back them up. Let’s learn how to backup an android phone.
How To Backup Android Phone
You can’t backup all your android data(contacts, app data, gallery, SMS, etc) all at once. Instead, we have to use different methods to backup these data. Let’s see how –
Backing up data into google cloud storage
Google allows you backup App data, Calender, Contacts, and important Settings into their cloud server. To use this backup service, follow the below steps.
- Go to your android ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down the menu, under the personal section, tap over ‘Backup and reset’.
- Check the options back up my data and Automatic backup to backup your data automatically every time you update them on your android.
- But, you can’t backup any data into the google server without setting up a backup account. You can add any existing google account as backup account or create a new one. To set the backup account, tap over the option ‘backup account’ in the above screenshot and tap on ‘Add account’.
- Now tap over Existing button if you already have an account and enter your google account credentials and tape over next to add the account.
- Once done, under Accounts tape over Google. Here, tape over the account you added(Your email ID) synchronise the data you want to backup. For this, check the options you want to backup and your data would be backed up.
Backing up photos and videos in Android Phone
To backup photos and videos, you have to take help of google+. Google+ offers automatic backup of your android data (photos+videos). It gives you up to 15GB free space, which is pretty good. Let’s see how to use this service.
- Install Google+ on your android device. Choose an account where you would like to backup your data.
- In the next page choose the account and add profile picture if you want and tape over next and Next again.
- Here comes the backup page. See the screenshot.
- Here, you can see the auto backup settings. Auto backup saves your photos and Videos on Google+ as you take them. These photos are completely secure and can not be seen by anyone until you yourself make them pubic.
- Select how would you like to backup them and then tape over ‘Done’. Your data would be backed up in your on the google+ account. You can change the setting of these backup data anytime by navigating through Google+ Settings.
Backing up SMS, MMS and call log in Android Phone
To backup SMS, MMS and call logs, we have to take help of a third party application called SMS backup+. This is a free app and allow us to backup all our current SMS plus automatic backup of all the upcoming SMS. To use this app-
- just install it by clicking here.
- Connect your Gmail account by checking the option Connect. Also check Auto backup if you want to Auto backup all your future SMS, MMS and logs. See the below screenshot.
3. Now tape over Backup and backup process will start. It may take a little time but once done, your SMS would be backed up.
I hope you guys liked the guide and now the question how to backup my android phone won’t haunt your brain anymore. If you have any doubts left, don’t forget to ask in the comment section.
Do share the guide with your friends on social media. Stay updated with InfiniteTechInfo for more tricks and tips like this 🙂