WhatsApp Calling Feature Officially Arrived in Version 2.11.561 – How to activate WhatsApp Calling
Finally, Today WhatsApp free voice calling Feature arrived in India officially in Android Version 2.11.561.
WhatsApp Calling feature has started rolling out in India last month. WhatsApp calling was first tested in India and selected users have got WhatsApp calling Feature but many people have used various tricks to get WhatsApp calling enabled.
Many have rooted their phones and then have edited Xml files etc. But now today everyone got the feature of WhatsApp calling enabled. But to get WhatsApp calling feature you have to update your WhatsApp from play store but not from WhatsApp website because in WhatsApp Website the version available is 2.11.560 for android and in Play store the new version 2.11.561 is available and this version has got the WhatsApp calling feature. See the Steps below to activate WhatsApp calling in your Android in just few minutes.
Steps To Activate or Enable WhatsApp free Calling
- First of all take the backup of your chats (Optional). WhatsApp settings > Chat Settings > Backup Conversions.
- Open Your Android Play Store and then type or Search for WhatsApp and Update your WhatsApp. The update file will be of 15.91 MB.
- After the update, go to your WhatsApp and then Check for the version. WhatsApp Settings > Help > About. And you will see that your Current WhatsApp version is 2.11.561.
- Now that’s it from your side, but after updating this version you will not get the WhatsApp calling User Interface (UI).
- Now a difficult task is for you, you have to search the person who has got WhatsApp calling feature activated, when you will find the same, tell him/her to call you.
- Once you received the call, Answer the call and wait for 2-3 seconds and then disconnect the call.
- Once the Call gets disconnected, your WhatsApp calling feature gets activated. And you will get the WhatsApp calling User Interface.
- That’s it now enjoy and help your friends by calling them.
- If your WhatsApp Calling is not activated then go to Phone Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > ForceStop and then Restart your phone and then tell your friend/relative to call you again, now this time your WhatsApp calling feature will get activated.
Also See : WhatsApp also have Launched Web Version of WhatsApp and Also WhatsApp Sim.
Note : WhatsApp free voice Calling Feature Works in all Android Operating System Versions, I personally checked on Gingerbread, Jellybean, Kitkat, Lollipop and the WhatsApp calling worked fine in these Android Versions.
Update : WhatsApp Calling Activation Servers are temporarily Down. Soon, the servers will be up then Your WhatsApp Calling Feature will gets activated.