Spice Dream Uno received Lollipop 5.1 but Micromax Canvas A1 and Karbonn Sparkle V Android one Still on Hold – How to Update Android one Smartphones to Lollipop 5.1
Last week Lollipop 5.1 update started Rolling out in India in Spice Dream Uno Mi – 498 Android one Smartphone but the other two Android One Smartphones Micromax Canvas A1 and Karbonn Sparkle V did not received Lollipop 5.1 till now. Expected time or Date of Lollipop 5.1 to start roll out in Micromax Canvas Android One (A1) and Karbonn Sparkle V is till 31st March, 2015.
Micromax Canvas Android One, Spice Dream Uno Mi-498 and Karbonn Sparkle V are all from Google. Google with these Indian headset makers have launched these android one Smartphones. The Hardware for all these Android One Smartphones is designed by Google and all these 3 android one smartphones have same configuration. While Launching Android One Smartphones Google has promised that these Android one Smartphones will receive all updates from Google for the next 2 years. So, it is confirmed that the remaining two Micromax and Karbonn will also receive the Lollipop 5.1 Update Soon.
In Spice Dream Uno Mi-498, the Update Lollipop 5.1 Received is of around 500 MB and the same can be updated from Wifi only.
How To Update Android one Smartphones to Lollipop 5.1
Follow these basic steps to update your Android One Smartphone.
- If you are using Spice Dream Uno and haven’t received the Lollipop 5.1 update, then switch off your phone and remove your battery and SIM for 4-5 minutes.
- Insert the SIM and Battery after 4-5 Minutes and Turn On your Android One Smartphone.
- Now, Go to Phone Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check For Update.
- Now, it will Show you the Lollipop 5.1 update and the Size Would be of around 409.8 MB.
- There is also a notification in this update window that you have to update your system to Android Lollipop 5.1 till 21st March, might be after 21st March this update will be removed from Spice Dream Uno Android One Smartphone.
- Now, connect your Phone to a Wifi Network, if you don’t have a Wifi Connection then you can simply use the another smartphone as Wifi by turning ON the Hotspot or Internet Sharing in the other phone.
- Once Your Android One Smartphone gets connected to Wifi Network, you will see the Install Now option in Phone Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
- Click on Install Update and then wait for some time till the Update gets installed in Your Android One Smartphone. Time taken to update depends on the Download Speed of your Internet Connection. If you are using Hotspot, then I prefer and will suggest you to have a 3G or 4G Data plan.
- Once The Update is Done, the Android one Smartphone Reboots and that’s it you are now on lollipop 5.1.
Now, everyone is waiting for the official Update of lollipop 5.1 in Micromax Canvas Android One and Karbonn Sparkle V. Everyone is asking for the OTA. Hope Micromax and Karbonn users will receive the Lollipop 5.1 update soon.