Spice Dream Uno received Lollipop 5.1 but Micromax Canvas A1 and Karbonn Sparkle V Android one Still on Hold – How to Update Android one Smartphones to Lollipop 5.1
Last week Lollipop 5.1 update started Rolling out in India in Spice Dream Uno Mi – 498 Android one Smartphone but the other two Android One Smartphones Micromax Canvas A1 and Karbonn Sparkle V did not received Lollipop 5.1 till now. Expected time or Date of Lollipop 5.1 to start roll out in Micromax Canvas Android One (A1) and Karbonn Sparkle V is till 31st March, 2015.
Micromax Canvas Android One, Spice Dream Uno Mi-498 and Karbonn Sparkle V are all from Google. Google with these Indian headset makers have launched these android one Smartphones. The Hardware for all these Android One Smartphones is designed by Google and all these 3 android one smartphones have same configuration. While Launching Android One Smartphones Google has promised that these Android one Smartphones will receive all updates from Google for the next 2 years. So, it is confirmed that the remaining two Micromax and Karbonn will also receive the Lollipop 5.1 Update Soon.
In Spice Dream Uno Mi-498, the Update Lollipop 5.1 Received is of around 500 MB and the same can be updated from Wifi only.
How To Update Android one Smartphones to Lollipop 5.1
Follow these basic steps to update your Android One Smartphone.
- If you are using Spice Dream Uno and haven’t received the Lollipop 5.1 update, then switch off your phone and remove your battery and SIM for 4-5 minutes.
- Insert the SIM and Battery after 4-5 Minutes and Turn On your Android One Smartphone.
- Now, Go to Phone Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check For Update.
- Now, it will Show you the Lollipop 5.1 update and the Size Would be of around 409.8 MB.
- There is also a notification in this update window that you have to update your system to Android Lollipop 5.1 till 21st March, might be after 21st March this update will be removed from Spice Dream Uno Android One Smartphone.
- Now, connect your Phone to a Wifi Network, if you don’t have a Wifi Connection then you can simply use the another smartphone as Wifi by turning ON the Hotspot or Internet Sharing in the other phone.
- Once Your Android One Smartphone gets connected to Wifi Network, you will see the Install Now option in Phone Settings > About Phone > System Updates.
- Click on Install Update and then wait for some time till the Update gets installed in Your Android One Smartphone. Time taken to update depends on the Download Speed of your Internet Connection. If you are using Hotspot, then I prefer and will suggest you to have a 3G or 4G Data plan.
- Once The Update is Done, the Android one Smartphone Reboots and that’s it you are now on lollipop 5.1.
Now, everyone is waiting for the official Update of lollipop 5.1 in Micromax Canvas Android One and Karbonn Sparkle V. Everyone is asking for the OTA. Hope Micromax and Karbonn users will receive the Lollipop 5.1 update soon.
I followed the above mentioned process for updating my Spice Dream Uno but it is still showing “Your System is up to date”………I have no idea what to do or will I even ever get the update for my phone as 21st march is approaching……
Hi Abhirup !!!!!!!
Lollipop 5.1 update is only given to 25% of spice users till now. Have patience you will receive the soon. Thanks !! have a gud day!!!
When micromax will get update on mobilw network. What is people experience about it who have updated their system. How does it work on andriod one devices??? Means smoother faster or laggy?????
Hiii Lalit !!!
Micromax will receive the update soon most probably till 31st March. You can get the update by installing the OTA if u r in hurry otherwise wait for sometime. Android 5.1 on Android Device is working very good.. everything is good but many are reporting bugs in play Store, Camera and Contacts. Once i get the update will share the hands on review.
Hey hi I wanted to ask that do I need to reset my device before the update my canvas A1 and when will it be rolled out Indonesia already got it :'(
Hi Joy !!!!
You dont need to do any thing just wait for sometime, have patience. lollipop 5.1 has also started rolling in India from the last week. Fisrt Spice received the Update but Karbonn and Micromax are still on hold. Many are doing sometricks like installing OTA etc. But i prefer you that wait for some days you will also get the update.
Have a nice day
In this post , its writen that spice dream uno users will get updates only till 21th march. today is 20 march.. and still i didn’t get update i have also tried above method. but its not working.. what if i would not get update till 21st march???? after 21st march i all never update it???????????
No Divyesh !!!
21st March is just the prediction because the users who have received 5.1, in the notification it is mentioned that update over wifi till 21st march.That’s why. May be they have selected some users and gave them update and then after 21st March they will select some more users. But don’t worry you will get the 5.1 very soon. Have patience and Wait for Somedays..
Have a good day.
My spice android one mobile is updated to 5.1 lollipop. But since then phone ring tone is not working. Why? How to fix this bug?
Hi SN Chary!!!
Nobody has got this problem yet don’t know why you are facing this issue. But i still check this and will let you know.
Thanks Keep Visiting
Did All micromax canvas a1 Will be update till 31st march ?
spice android one after update lollipop mobile not start and nothing happening when press power button … battery is full 100%…. it is showing white blank
dont know what to do ?? please help me friends ?? or call
It means your update is not properly installed. So if your phone shows this. Then do factory reset…
hi dear but its not getting on,how to do ?
My spice android one mobile is updated to 5.1 lollipop. But for the last few days phone ring tone is not working. Why? How to fix this bug?
Do a Factory Reset once..