Review of Lollipop 5.1 Update on Android One Smartphones
Lollipop 5.1 Starts Rolling out in India from the last Month, Spice Dream Uno Mi-498 Android One Smartphone was the first to receive Lollipop 5.1 update but still only few spice users were able to receive the lollipop 5.1 update but now almost all Spice as well as Karbonn Sparkle V and Micromax users starts receiving from Yesterday.
The Lollipop 5.1 Update in Micromax Canvas Android one (A1) is of size 409.8MB and there is no notification that to download over Wifi only and no specific date.
But you will get the Install option only when connected to Wifi but many users reported that they were able to get 5.1 update from their mobile networks. The Installing time of 5.1 depends upon your Internet Speed, On Average you will be on Lollipop 5.1 from KitKat 4.4.4 in 2 hours.
Many people who haven’t received the update they can try to Update from OTA that is if any friend of his/her have received the update tell him/her to capture the OTA of Build Number LMY470 and send the link and you can get that ZIP file and can flash it manually from recovery mode.
How to Update Android One Smartphone to Lollipop 5.1
- Connect to the Wifi Network and you will get the Notification of System Update.
- If you did not receive the Notification, then Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for updates.
- If you get the notification, tap on it and start downloading the Update.
- Keep your phone for some time aside or you can also use your phone till the update is going on but I suggest to keep it on side till the whole process is finished.
- No data is lost.
- When your phone restarts you will be on Lollipop 5.1 and that’s it. Now Enjoy!!!!
Disadvantages or Reasons that you should not update your Android One Smartphone to Lollipop 5.1
There are so many bugs in Lollipop 5.1 in Android one Smartphone:
- The battery back is very poor in lollipop 5.1 update as compared to KitKat 4.4.4.
- The Email Accounts other than Gmail are combined with Gmail and now you will not be able to Sync your contacts and Calendar other than Gmail.
- There is no Guest User option in 5.1 Lollipop.
- The Performance is slow as compared to KitKat 4.4.4.
- The Memory available for Apps is also very less as compared to KitKat, so you cannot install much apps.
- In Menu UI the background is white and there is no option to change it or to make it transparent.
- It lags when to Call someone and have to select the SIM.
Many people have received one more update after 5.1 and the size is around 7MB and that is for to make it a stable version. Hope everyone will receive the same so that everyone will like the Lollipop 5.1.
In Overall View, UI (User interface) is very good. The notification bar is very good and have many shortcut setting options and the lock screen is also very good. The Dial and Logs View is changed and looks awesome. You can do Screen Recording in 5.1 without having Root Access. The animation effect is also very good in 5.1. There are also many new and good features added.
Hiii Sumesh Sir…
A nice piece of info is provided here…I am totally impressesd with your writing skill…..
Hope you ll write your next article soon…
Thank you ..